Oaxaca City, Mexico
October 3 – October 8
About the SoulPages™ Oaxaca City Retreat
Enjoy six days and five nights in the artistic community of Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. We will tour sites of cultural and artistic significance, and meet with local artists. We’ll have four evenings of SoulPages™ sessions led by either Rakefet or Pam. Together we will enjoy the rich traditions, art, culture, food, and festivities of Mexico the SoulPages™ way!
We have limited occupancy, so sign up now while space is still available!
We will explore Oaxaca
In our journey, we will explore Oaxaca for 6 days.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Mexico as we visit historic sites, art exhibitions, local markets, and artisan shops. Enjoy getting to know local artists who can teach us about ancient culture. Become familiar with work from modern, emerging artists. Our experience in Oaxaca is designed to allow ample time for wandering and internalizing our experiences.
Over the course of our Oaxacan trip, we will also delight in multiple SoulPages™ workshops guided by Rakfat Hadar, developer of the SoulPages™” method, and Pam Hausner, a SoulPages™ mentor.
The SoulPages™ workshops will include the seven elements of the visual journal with a focus on the heroine’s journey according to legends and literature. During these workshops, we will work in our visual journals in our special studio space at the Casa Colonial B&B!
Before the trip, we will have two live, online meetings when we create our journals together and meet the other trip participants.
What is included?
Five nights in twin/double room with breakfast each morning
Five days of fun, guidance and care with Rakefet, Pam, and our amazing group
Two festive dinners on the first & last evenings
Shuttle from the Oaxaca airport/bus stop to the hotel
A day to visit the pyramids at Monte Albán, the historical center of Oaxaca
Craft tours of the villages around Oaxaca City
Four SoulPages™ late afternoon workshops with Rakefet or Pam in the hotel studio.
Guided tour of Oaxaca City most popular attractions & local markets
Two Zoom live meetings to get to know each other before our trip!
Price of SP retreat
In a shared double room
Single room is optional for an additional $150
The retreat doesn’t include:
- Flight in and out to Oaxaca City
- Taxi from Oaxaca to the airport when you go back home.
- Daily lunches & dinners (except on the first and last days)
- Art supplies (you will get a small list)
- Medical insurance
- Tickets to museums or historic sites (admission prices vary and range from free to approx. $5 each)
SoulPages™ Oaxaca City Retreat Itinerary
Subject to small changes
October 3, Day 1
Arrive in Oaxaca. Transportation from Oaxaca Int’l Airport or bus stop to our hotel, Casa Colonial B&B. We will gather for our opening event at 5:00 p.m. with a festive dinner at 7:30 p.m.
October 4, Day 2
A guided tour of Oaxaca. We will meet artists, visit the marketplace, and enjoy other major or popular tourist places. In the late afternoon, we’ll return to the hotel for our SoulPages™ workshop.
October 5, Day 3
October 6, Day 4
A guided crafts tour of the surrounding villages. Later in the afternoon, free time with no agenda. Explore whatever calls to your heart in beautiful Oaxaca City.
October 7, Day 5
October 8, Day 6
After our farewell breakfast, you will have free time in Oaxaca until you leave to travel home.
This retreat is intentionally designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy the in-person experience of creating SoulPages™ while in a fun, retreat location. In our research for this retreat, we’ve seen comparable trips for more than twice the cost of our retreat. We are working hard to keep the prices within an affordable budget to be as inclusive as possible.
- At sign up, you will pay a $749 deposit, nonrefundable
- The balance of the money will be paid directly to Casa Colonial in two, convenient installments. The first installment is due July 15; the final installment is due August 30.
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations after August 30 will be subject to a cancellation fee. There are no refunds unless due to an emergency.
- Please obtain your own medical and travel insurance!
- A list of supplies will be given in the Zoom live meetings in August.
- Please complete the special form that you will get in your email after registration as soon as possible. Your cooperation helps keep the costs down and creates less work for the organizers.